Monday, 9 July 2012

Tress Distress



Dove IndiBlogger Contest Runner-up

Growing up wasn't easy. Growing up meant discarding the childish dreams and fantasies that had almost begun to seem real, all thanks to "fairy tales". Growing up also urged me to stop believing that a fairy godmother would appear out of the blue and give me a magnificent solution to all my girly woes with a quick flutter of the magical wand. 

Well, let me put that down in words. So with much difficulty and heart ache I say: Fairy tales are purely fictional, and fairies mere fictitious characters and so is Mr. Prince Charming. That was tough! 

Now having established that, magic is mere illusion, I had to move on in life and attempt to create solutions at my own strength and at my own risk. 

So to say, beautiful, healthy and voluptuous hair is every woman's dream. Given that, this filament growing from the scalp is often regarded to be a woman's glory. Be it curly, straight or wavy, the woman's hair is her beauty.

"The hair is the richest ornament of women." - Martin Luther


"Attired to please herself: no gems of any kind
She wore, nor aught of borrowed gloss in Nature's stead;
And, then her long, loose hair flung round her head
Fell carelessly behind."
~Publius Terentius Afer




Also women love to experiment with their hair. So did I. The plethora of hair products used and the constant shift from one to another added with the stress of a modern lifestyle and the polluted environment led to the beginning of my misery.

Strands of hair, strands of mane
Here, there, everywhere
In the bathroom, on the towel
Here, there, everywhere
On the comb, on the floor
Here, there, everywhere...

Alas! The volume of my hair was badly affected. It was traumatizing to see the amount of hair that would fall each time I brushed. And friends would go,"Oh...whats wrong with your hair?? You should try this, this and this..." Every time I would see a Deepika Padukone or a Kareena Kapoor on the screen with gorgeous hair swaying against the wind, my heart would sink. Hair fall was taking a toll on my self esteem and I began to hate my hair.

When finally I decided that enough was enough and since I had realized that there wouldn't be any fairy to help me, I chalked out a plan to help myself. And this is exactly what I did:
  • Began to consume a whole lot of fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products
  • Avoided any sort of chemical treatments that would further damage my hair 
  • Started massaging my scalp with olive oil once in a week
  • Drank 10 to 12 glasses of water on a daily basis
  • Stopped washing my hair with hot water
  • Found a shampoo that suited my hair: "Dove Hair fall Rescue"

Slowly and steadily the situation was brought under control and that was the end of my hair problems.

 I still love trying different things with my hair but I also make sure that I take proper care of my precious tresses. Thanks to Dove I've fallen in love with my silky, smooth, ravishing hair all over again and I also have to make a conscious effort to keep my hands of them. To sum it up, Dove was definitely the magic that happened to me...

The above post is my entry to the Indiblogger's "My Beautiful Hair Story" contest. You must try Dove's Hair - Aware App and get to know your hair better.

P.S - All pictures have been sourced from Google Images.









10 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Short and sweet. :) Good luck for the contest Jessy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW..so cute! I love that Martin Luther quote on hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post! goodluck for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post. Cute is the right word for it.
    www.rajnishonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and I should say women really have a knack for writing about hair :) Loved reading it and will continue reading other posts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simplistic Fantastic Mumbastic.... Wow Jess that was a good write up... Hope ya win d prize and call in for a celebration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...